In this Happy Hour podcast, Ryan and John chat with Luke Kolarsky about studio and live production.
- (3:18) Who is Luke?
- (5:56) What is it like being a jack of all trades at Backflip?
- (12:08) The Backflip studio demo reel.
- (14:37) Luke’s favorite studio set/project.
- (18:01) How long did the Avid Ratings set take to build?
- (29:38) Does Luke even know what VHS is?
- (31:22) The value of a studio.
- (43:22) What is Luke’s favorite power tool?
- (47:08) Luke’s idea of a perfect date.
- (45:54) Why you shouldn’t use hedge trimmers to cut rope.
- (50:55) Marquette instructional videos.
- (1:06:34) The Pinterest ladder.
- (1:10:10) DIY giant studio curtain.
- (1:11:57) What is the most challenging set piece Luke has worked on?
- (1:19:56) The sewer/subway set.
- (1:28:04) The Interrotron.
- (1:29:07) Two truths and a lie.